Vonnegut on Freebies.
I am in receipt of a letter from your research librarian…, which tells me that your institution is no longer able to buy books. She asks that I give the State of Indiana a copy of my latest novel, DeadeyeDick. I have complied with this request.
Since books are to libraries what asphalt is to highway departments, I assume that Indiana is also asking donations from suppliers of asphalt for her roads. Or has it been decided that asphalt is worth good money, and that books are not?
It may be that whoever told [her] to write that letter supposed that I myself get all the books I want for free. I in fact must pay for them what bookstores pay. So what I have sent you represents an actual outlay of about $7.00, plus postage and the price of…
View original post 117 more words
- U.S. Army Flag
- Book Review: Pistol Poets
- Chuck Berry RIP : Hail, Hail, Rock ‘n’ Roll!
- Clear and Present Dangers……Chuck Berry
- Pirate Flag
- Walking on Frozen Baikal, The Deepest and Oldest Lake on Earth
- Book Reviews: A Wright Brothers Twofer
- Clear and Present Dangers……Raylan Givens
- U.S. Navy Flag
- Supermarine Spitfire Mk.III
- Book Review: The Airplane, How Ideas Gave Us Wings
- On Writing: Pete Wentz
- State of Ohio Flag
- Lucifer’s Lexicon — Mainstream Media
- Ever wonder what constitutes Light? Infographic…
- Book Review: The Gift of Fear
- The Analects of Mudcat: Dreams
- George Washington’s Personal Position Flag
- Yard Dog – Aluminum Level Full-Scale Steel Guitar
- Book Review: Chief of Station, Congo: Fighting the Cold War in a Hot Zone
What I’m Reading
Owl Works Blog Categories
- Verse & Lyrics